David L. Ryan/The Boston Globe/Getty Images
- Moderna’s 30% gain in Monday trading is making a small group of scientists and executives a fortune.
- The biotech company surged after announcing phase-one trials of its coronavirus vaccine successfully produced antibodies in all 45 participants.
- Moderna now plans to finalize phase-three studies in July before bringing its vaccine to market in the fall.
- Here are the five Moderna shareholders poised to make the most from its soaring stock price.
- Watch Moderna trade live here.
Moderna stock soared to record highs on Monday, minting new fortunes for a small group of executives and scientists.
The biotech company’s shares launched as much as 30%, or about $20, higher on Monday after it revealed its coronavirus vaccine’s phase-one results. The experimental drug successfully produced antibodies in all 45 volunteers, Moderna said. The company plans to begin phase-three trials in July and roll out a vaccine for emergency use in the fall.
The positive results lifted the market as well, with the S&P 500 leaping as much as 3.4% in Monday trading.
“We could not be happier with this interim data,” CEO Stephane Bancel said in a Monday call with analysts.
Some analysts think the stock still has room to run as its critical vaccine moves further into trials. Goldman Sachs lifted its Moderna price target to a Wall Street high of $105 from $63 on Monday, saying “encouraging” phase-one results improved the drug’s likelihood of approval.
Here are the five Moderna shareholders set to win the most from the surging stock price, ranked in ascending order of shares owned. Shareholder data is sourced from Bloomberg.
5. Lorence Kim
David L. Ryan/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
Role: Chief financial officer
Shares held: 1,222,510
Stake value: $97,800,800
4. Stephen Hoge
The Most Powerful Sale & Affiliate Platform Available!
There's no credit card required! No fees ever.Create Your Free Account Now!
Shares held: 2,010,656
Stake value: $160,852,480
2. Stephane Bancel
Andrew Harnik/AP Images
Shares held: 7,348,167
Stake value: $587,853,360
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe