UFC-ranked 135-pounders are on tap for the promotion’s Aug. 15 pay-per-view card.
Bantamweight contenders John Dodson and Merab Dvalishvili will square off at UFC 252. The event will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Multiple people with knowledge of the situation informed MMA Junkie of the booking but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
The Most Powerful Sale & Affiliate Platform Available!
There's no credit card required! No fees ever.Create Your Free Account Now!
Dodson (21-11 MMA, 10-6 UFC) is a former UFC flyweight title challenger. However, the Jackson-Wink MMA standout’s most recent eight outings have taken place at 135 pounds, where he’s gone 4-4. After suffering defeats to Jimmie Rivera and Petr Yan, Dodson bounced back into the win column with a TKO finish of Nathaniel Wood at UFC on ESPN+ 25 in February.
Dvalishvili (11-4 MMA, 4-2 UFC) lost his first two fights in the UFC, but since then has rattled off four straight victories – all by unanimous decision. Most recently, Dvalishvili defeated late replacement Gustavo Lopez at UFC on ESPN 10 by utilizing his relentless pace and takedown abilities throughout the fight.
With the addition, the current UFC 252 lineup includes:
- Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier – for the UFC heavyweight championship
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Frankie Edgar vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Sean O’Malley vs. Marlon Vera
- Livinha Souza vs. Ashley Yoder
- Felice Herrig vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Rogerio Bontorin vs. Manel Kape
- Zelim Imadaev vs. Laureano Staropoli
- John Dodson vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe